So what do you do if you want to build a new home in Cedar City, Enoch, New Harmony, Kanarraville, etc? Well, you need to find that perfect lot (Call me, I can help!) and then have the home built. The average construction time frame for a new home is 4 months. Building a new home can be fun and stressful at the same time. The more you know and the more involved you are, gets you the home you’ve always wanted.
- Do you have a home plan and will it work on the lot?
- Do you have a water right/water share?
- Contact at least three builders for comparison bids on your home
- Interview the builders to make sure they understand your needs and wants
- Make sure you are comparing apples to apples (One builder’s standard items are not the same as another’s)
- Understand your musts haves vs your wants
- Talk to your lender to get your financing ready and see what you qualify for
- Ask about impact fees for utilities
- Ask to talk to the builders office personnel to see how they process the draws for payments
- Know your budget on your allowance items!! (this is where most homes go over budget)
- (Allowance items are things like cabinets, carpet, tile, lighting fixtures, etc)
- What types energy efficient systems does the builder install to save you money in the future?
These are just some of the items to think about. I have experience in building my own homes, remodeling my own homes, and working for builders/subcontractors in this area. Give me a call, I would love to help you out.